It would be hard to know how long the effect of drugs remain in the body. Aside from experiencing their side effects, it’ll be impossible to really recognize if it’s still in the body’s system or not. Even when the drug’s effects slowly disappear, traces of the drug can still linger in a person’s blood, urine, and hair.
Nonetheless, we have here a list of drugs and the length of time they might stay in a person’s blood, urine, and hair:
– In short for Lysergic acid diethylamide and also known as “acid,” “microdots,” and “window panes”, is a mood-changing chemical that is made from lysergic acid found in ergot fungus. These are converted from crystals to liquid for distribution. LSD is odorless, colorless, and slightly bitter in taste.
– is also classified as a drug due to its effect on the mind wherein it reduces a person’s ability to think rationally and distorts one’s judgment. It slows down vital functions which cause slurred speech, unsteady movement, disturbed perceptions and slow reaction time to stimuli. However, its effects depends on the amount consumed.
– affects the chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control, making it a central nervous system stimulant. It is used as a treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
– reduce the activity of the nerves causing muscles to relax. It can reduce heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure. These are considered to be Central Nervous System Depressants.
– is made from the coca plant native to South America. It is an illegal drug which looks like a fine, white, crystal powder. Popular names include “blow,” “coke,” “crack,” “rock,” and “snow.”
– popularly known in the Philippines as “marijuana” is a depressant drug. It slows down messages traveling between the brain and the body. In large doses, it can cause hallucinogenic effects.
– is also an illegal drug which is deemed to be highly addictive. It is made from the resin poppy plants like opium and morphine. Possible side effects may include disorientation, hyper-alertness followed by sudden nodding off, and having a droopy appearance.
– act as both stimulant and hallucinogen. It has an energizing effect, distortions with time and perceptions, generates extreme joy from sensory experiences. Ecstacy is often referred to as MDMA which is usually in tablet or capsule form.
– is a crystal-like drug that is taken either by snorting, smoking, or injecting with a needle. Its main effect is to create a false sense of happiness, confidence, hyperactivity, and energy.
– is usually used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is called an opioid pain medication or a Taking these while pregnant can cause life-threatening effects in the newborn while fatal side effects may also occur to the mother when this drug is taken with alcohol or other drugs. This may additionally cause drowsiness or slow breathing.
Side effects can be seen evidently as you take these drugs. However, their residues can linger longer than their effects. If you are experiencing psychological issues or physical pain, drugs aren’t the best solutions. They can heal you for a short time, but their harmful effects can stay for the longest time.